This policy applies to users of the Kairos app (the “App”). It provides details about how your personal information is managed and protected when you download and use the App.
In this policy, we answer the following questions:
What personal information is collected?
How is your personal information used?
How do we share your personal information and with whom?
How do we protect your personal information?
How can you exercise your rights?
Also, when you use the App, information about you may be stored in cookies installed on your mobile device. Some cookies are necessary for the App to work and others allow for optimizing and customizing the content displayed.
We/our refers to: NeuroSolutions Group
Personal information refers to: any information that relates to an individual and that, taken separately or combined with other data, can be used to identify him/her.
You/your refers to: anyone downloading and using the App.
We need your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information, unless required or permitted by law. Providing us with certain personal information voluntarily is interpreted as consent from you to collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Withdrawal of your consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time by sending us a written request to this end. However, please note that anonymized information that cannot be used to identify you will be retained.
Once you have downloaded the App, to create your account and verify your identity, we will ask you to provide us with the personal information about the parent for the account, i.e. the parent's first and last name and email address.
The email address is used to send you notifications about the App and validate certain items, including obtaining prior consent from a parental authority if a child under 16 creates an account.
You may stop receiving notifications from the KAIROS App at any time by changing your Communication Preferences in Account Settings in the "Settings" section of the App.
To learn more about the personal information collected when you use the App, refer to the sections below:
When you create your account:
You can create an account by providing us with your email address and your first and last name and by creating a password. You can choose how you want to create your account. If you wish to log in to KAIROS via Facebook or Google, please be aware that we will also have access to your public profile and that you are also subject to these companies' privacy policies.
Since we use third-party companies ("Third Party") to process your payment, i.e., purchasing the App through the Apple Store or Google Play, we do not collect any information about your transaction, such as your credit or debit card number. Please note that, in addition to this Policy, the processing of your payment will be subject to the Third Party's privacy policies.
When using the App
When you use the App, you are prompted to create a PARENT module as well as one or more CHILDREN modules. Since KAIROS is an App that facilitates a child's routine, we collect information that you enter in the App yourself, including:
- Your preferred language
- Your type of subscription
- Your child's first name, age, and gender
- Tasks per routine and related information (tasks that are active or to be validated, the number of tasks, the task title, etc.)
- Routines and related information (active and inactive routines)
In addition to this information, we collect the following data:
- Table visited and time per table
- Duration of use
- Device type and number of devices connected to the account
- Opening of the guide, reading the guide, reading notifications
- Statistics on completion rates
- Opening of emails/clicking on email links
To receive personalized advice from our virtual coach, you will be asked to provide additional information about your child, including:
- Your child's medication(s)
- Your child's medical diagnosis
Please note that we reserve the right to request updates for the data collected. You will be notified in advance.
We only collect the personal information necessary to provide you with the service you require and for which we have obtained your consent. In other words, we use the information you give us to support you in managing your child's (or children's) routine and provide you with feedback.
The information in the App may also be used for research and development purposes to improve your user experience with the App. In these cases, the information will be anonymized and used mainly for statistical purposes. Moreover, since we exist to create technological solutions that improve the everyday lives of people living with disabilities, we are committed to participating in the advancement of research in this field. Thus, by using KAIROS, you contribute to this mission! Nonetheless, we want to reassure you that no data that could identify you will be used. As mentioned above, this information is anonymized and used for statistical and research purposes only.
Please note that we will keep your personal information for as long as you use our App and for a period after your subscription ends so that you can retrieve your information should you wish to resubscribe. If you want to have your data deleted after cancelling your subscription, please send a written request to this effect to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also invite you to contact us if you want additional information regarding the retention of your data.
When you use our App or visit our website, information about you may be stored in cookies or other tools installed by third parties or by us on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. To learn more about our practice in this regard, we invite you to visit our website: https://neurosolutionsgroup.com/fr/politique-de-confidentialite/.
From time to time, we may need to share your personal information with agents or others to help us make all the App's features available (maintenance, analysis, legal requirements, fraud detection, marketing and development). Please note that these providers may be located in Canada or other jurisdictions or countries. They will only have access to the personal information necessary to carry out these tasks on our behalf, and they may not disclose or use it for other purposes. Please be aware that we have contractual agreements with these providers to guarantee your data's security. Please note that we may also share your personal information when required by law to enforce compliance or to protect the property or safety of our rights or those of others.
Furthermore, as mentioned in the section "How do we use your personal information?", we may share anonymized data.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information are important to us. We strive to apply the necessary and appropriate security measures to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information in our possession. To do so, we follow generally accepted industry standards. Therefore, the personal information we hold is only accessible to persons qualified to have access to it and consult it, only when necessary, in the course of performing their duties.
How to access and correct your personal information?
You have access to your personal information through your user account in the App. You can correct and update some of your personal information using this method.
You may request access to your personal information or information about the existence of such information or how we collect, use, retain, or disclose your personal information. You may also request that the information held by GNS be corrected if it is inaccurate, wrong, or incomplete.
You may submit a written request to this effect by writing to the Privacy Manager at the address specified in the "Questions, comments, complaints" section below.
You may wish to obtain copies of your personal information. In that case, we may charge a nominal fee, disclosed to you in advance, to cover the transcription, reproduction, and transmission costs.
Protecting The Privacy Of Children (USA)
We recognize that the personal information we collect from children on KAIROS requires increased protection. When we collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect their privacy, including:
- We inform parents about our children's personal information practices, including what type of personal information we collect from children, how we use that information, its disclosure and, if applicable, to whom we disclose it.
- In accordance with the applicable laws and our practices, we ask parents' consent to collect their children's personal information or to send them information about our products and services directly.
- We limit the collection of children's personal information to that which is reasonably necessary for them to participate in KAIROS.
- We allow parents to access or request access to the personal information collected from their children and give them the opportunity to request that this information be changed or deleted.
For additional information about our practices regarding children's personal information, please visit our website: https://neurosolutionsgroup.com/fr/politique-de-confidentialite/.
If you are located in the European Union at the time of collection, you may exercise the following rights over the personal information collected, processed, or disclosed about you.
- Information: The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information, i.e. what, who, and how;
- Access: The right to know what personal information we have in our possession, the right to request access to it, and to receive a copy of it;
- Corrections: The right to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information;
- Consent: The right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information;
- Restrict processing: The right to request suspension of the processing of certain information so that you can determine the reasons for the processing and the accuracy of the information;
- Erasure: The right to request erasure or removal of the information. Note that we may refuse to erase your personal information if it is required to comply with applicable laws or claims;
- Objections: The right to object to the processing of information based on a legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes;
- Data portability: The right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party;
- Automated decisions: The right to challenge any automated decision when such a decision has a legal or similar significance and request reconsideration by a human.
For more details, please visit our website: https://neurosolutionsgroup.com/fr/politique-de-confidentialite/. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing at: email@example.com
Our App may be modified at any time. Thus, we may amend this Policy from time to time in the future. You should check it regularly to stay informed on how we handle personal information.
To contact us, ask questions about this Policy, provide feedback, submit an access or correction request, exercise any applicable rights, file a complaint or obtain information about our practices or policies, please contact our Privacy Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org